i am what i wear
Rita Lin graduated with distinction from the California College of the Arts with a BFA Degree in Jewelry and Metal Art. She also holds a Diamond Grading Certificate from the GIA as well as an Advanced Qualification Certificate for Gem & Jade Testing Professional . In 2017, she created the brand I.A.M.ATELIER and helmed the company as its designer.
The name I.A.M.ATELIER reflects Lin’s unique take on jewelry; I.A.M. stands for Ingenuity, Accompany, and Memory, while also posing the question I AM___, exploring life’s infinite possibilities with each individual. Her “Indefinite”, “Luminate” and “Gem Crush” series integrates a wide range of materials with multi-dimensional designs, underlining the idea of “I am what I wear” and turning each piece of jewelry into a micro sculpture adorning the wearers’ bodies.
Lin’s work has not only captured the attention of the general public, but it has also gained recognition within the jewelry industry. She was invited to various exhibitions and conference around the world, including:
- National Student Invitation Exhibition of Yuma Symposium
- Cross-medium collaboration at the invitation of the Piazza Art Association in Italy
- Personal art exhibit “Bridging the Distance” held in San Francisco
Her unique style of merging art with jewelry was recognized on multiple occasions:
- Shortlisted in the American Craft Council Show (ACC)
- Shortlisted in the “Tian Gong Jing Ji” International Jewelry Design Competition hosted by the Gems & Jewelry Trade Association of China
- Selected as one of the Exemplary Young Creatives (Artistic Jewelry Design) by the Chinese Culture Ministry
Rita Lin's Design